Grow!!!! To those of us who possess an inborn fondness for agricultural life, we know and appreciate what it takes to grow our basic daily needs. The food, fiber, and fuel the world needs to prosper rests squarely on the shoulders of agriculturalists. We are also depended upon to sow the seeds of knowledge and awareness. With an ever increasing number of consumers further removed from the source of their food, growing an agriculturally literate society is among our greatest challenges. To that end the New York FFA is doing its part by preparing thousands of youth across our state to be the next agricultural leaders, business owners, teachers, labor force, and spokespersons for our industry.
The preparation of youth for careers in agriculture is a great and inspiring task, which is made easier when our FFA Alumni and friends make financial contributions to support the New York FFA. Just as our crops will not grow and prosper without proper inputs, our youth also require investments to optimize their preparation to be involved in agriculture. More than 85% of the money raised by the New York FFA Foundation goes back to the FFA chapters and members to support their development. Your support matters and speaks volumes about what traditions are important to you.
Many of our great traditions in New York, including agricultural education, continue to be threatened by the economic condition of our federal, state, and local budgets. Our stakeholders; parents, FFA alumni, small business owners, agricultural industry leaders, among many others, are the key pillars we rely on to engage youth in agricultural and career success.
In the past 12 months our members have been afforded opportunities based solely on the generosity of over 250 individual and business donors. The highlights include:
- 360 Leadership Conference attended by 300 chapter officers.
- 1000 members attended the State FFA Convention at VVS High School
- Over $80,000 raised by and distributed from the FFA Foundation to FFA members and the State FFA Association for awards and state wide programs.
- 768 members attended FFA Leadership Camp at Oswegatchie.
- National Officer tour of NYS. Traveling 1500 miles across the state visiting 500 members and many stakeholders in ag education.
- 96 NY FFA members competed in a variety of Career Development Events at the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis.
- Kenny Quick of the Granville FFA completed his FFA career as he retired from his year of service as our Eastern Region National FFA Vice President.
Will you help us GROW our NY FFA Members by making a financial contribution today? It has never been easier to show your support. You can make your contribution on line at www.nyffafoundation.org , or you can simply print the form below and mail your contribution to our office. The time to show your support for agricultural education and the NY FFA is now. Please stand with those who believe the FFA is the greatest youth organization in the world and make your contribution today!
Thank you for your support,